Well, I’ve been tagged. Anna over at HalfanAcre put her paint covered hands on my blog and tagged me. So, now I’m supposed to share 7 facts about me. I suppose they have to be true…..although, it would be fun to claim that I once toured with New Kids On The Block, alas, it wouldn’t be true. So, here goes:
7 facts about me
* I absolutely ADORE giant animals gone amok movies. The campy-er the better. I love watching giant snakes, alligators, spiders terrorize people. They make me laugh. I love the serious ones, like Jaws but the really campy ones are the best. One of my all time favorites is Lake Placid. If you’ve never seen it, rent it!
* I hate getting stuck behind semi trucks with open beds, hauling pipes or steel rods or bricks. Basically, anything that you would need to haul on an open bed. It freaks me out because I always, morbidly, picture the chains holding the things in place breaking and the pipes/rods/bricks come hurtling at me. Now, I have never seen this happen. I’ve never even heard of this happening. But, in my mind, it happens a lot. I have to move out from behind them as soon as I can.
* I failed my driver’s test the first time I took it as a teenager and didn’t try again until I was 20. I passed (just in case you were wondering)
* I am scared of frogs and clowns. I don’t know why, it’s not a rational fear. No tragic frog incidents in my past. No scaring clown incidents either. And definitely nothing with froggy clowns. I guess a lot of people have the clown thing so it’s not that unusual. But the frog thing, yeah, I don’t know.
* I am a voracious reader. I probably have well over 1000 books. Most of them are packed away in tubs, in storage. That makes me sad. I would love to have a giant library some day. Like the one in Beauty and the Beast. That would make me so happy. I’m always reading but only one book at a time. I need to be able to give the book my full attention and I can’t do that if I’m trying to read more than one at a time. I’m a fast reader but can’t spend a lot of time reading at home because of the kids. Every job I’ve had as an adult has been working with books.
* I am addicted to TV. There, I said it. I have shows on pretty much every night of the week except for Friday and Saturday, those are the nights I work in the craft room because I can stay up later than on school nights. Every other night, I’m watching TV. I usually do something else while watching, reading a magazine, or working on a sudoku puzzle. I also cross stitch while watching and lately, I’ve been trying out needle felting. My DVR is usually full because there is invariably more than one program that I watch on at one time. I love my DVR, it’s one of the best things ever invented. My favorite TV show of all time is MASH.
* I am a San Diego native. I know, we’re rare. I left to go to college and ended up in Evansville, Indiana. I wanted seasons. I was tired of sunshine all the time. I got seasons, lovely Falls and snow in winter. It was fabulous. After graduation though, I came back home. Lucky I did to, since this is where my husband was living! Of course, I didn’t know it at the time : )
So, there you go. Seven facts about me, all of them true. I’m supposed to tag 7 other blogs but to be honest, I don’t think I read 7 other blogs and one of the ones I do read has already been tagged. Let me see which ones I can come up with……
Keeping Up With the Joneses
Twenty Pound Tabby
I guess that’s it. Oh well, that’s ok. This has been fun….kind of : )